Friday, August 26, 2005

Merdeka!(also shouted when the exams are over)

It’s our very own 4th of July! and our dear leaders can't help but remind us to display our affections for own by waving the Jalur Gemilang (Stripes of Glory?). Some are more patriotic than other but who can top the girl that dressed herself in our nation’s colours. Most find it vulgar but I found it quite amusing. She’s definitely more passionate about this country than I am. Don’t get me wrong I love Malaysia very much. Every time I leave this country I come back more grateful. Citizens of this country lack a sense of humour, is it so difficult to look at the brighter side of life. Sure it dressing skimpy is against our ‘Asian values’ but have you notice everything around you e.g. girls showing of their fluorescent G-string and micro-mini-skirts. Pfff.

So don’t you think your more guilty for showing being unpassionate about our homeland (if you consider this you’re home that is).

However the luke warm is understandable. Why are they expecting us to hoo-haa now when we can hoo-haa on the actual day itself (31 August if some of you have forgotten). I think it’s a scam, one the ministers owns a flag manufacturing facility and is trying to make a quick million off them (who makes a quick buck nowadays).

So long people enjoy your holidays. Vive la Malaisie.

Note to self: my my aren’t you a preacher today?